Watch video for in depth information of services:
As an author you are no doubt looking for a narrator who can deliver an authentic, professional narration for your audiobook. Being an author myself, I know how important a decision this is. The tone of voice, diction, storytelling skill and rhythm all play a part in conveying the drama and emotional depth of your story.
Here are my credentials and experience:
• Having taught for thirty years in English secondary schools I have developed excellent diction, the ability to sustain feeling and variation of tone during public speaking (both to adults and youngsters) in such a way as to engage the listener. In fact, many of my lectures included stories and anecdotes despite the fact that I was teaching science!
• I have also been a live performer, acting as wedding compere and engaging audiences in both solo and group performance work. In this respect I have an eye to appropriate dramatic delivery and pace of narrative.
• I am a horror/dark fiction author and my default niche is the ‘darker’ side, so to speak. However, my stories contain thriller, mystery and romance elements so my reach is quite broad. My technical authoring has included writing scripts for non-fiction narration and I am well suited from my teaching experience to narrate non-fiction such as self-help books and more technical projects.
• My sound engineering experience includes production of tracks for bands and solo performers from my home studio, together with sound mixing at gigs. Together, these give me a solid background of modern recording techniques that can bring out the best audio production for your project. Moreover, I am a musician and can produce incidental background music if required. However, it is likely that sound effects and music will not be appropriate for most fiction projects as ACX encourages a minimalist approach featuring voice-only production.
• At present I am able to offer low-cost, flat rates as my cross over to audiobooks is relatively recent. But I hasten to add that this in no way diminishes the quality of the recording you will receive. If you have any doubts then feel free to check out my audio samples, which I will be updating regularly to show my range.
• I am well used to meeting work deadlines having written and worked with editors at Harper Collins over the last five years. You can always be assured of a timely and reliable service.
Thank you for reading this resume. I hope it tempts you to consider the services I offer and I look forward to developing a fruitful working partnership with you.
My Producer/Narrator link on ACX is here. It includes samples of my current work.